If you’re located in a designated rural area, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA)* offers a home loan program that might be perfect for you. This program helps families reach the goal of homeownership by offering lower credit score requirements and zero-down payment options.
We’re proud to work for Oregonians from every part of the state. Find out if you qualify for a USDA loan.
USDA Eligibility Requirements
USDA loan requirements are generally more flexible than those of a conventional loan. USDA loans are meant to assist homebuyers with moderate incomes and smaller down payment ability. To qualify for a USDA loan:
- You must live in a USDA designated area
- You must not exceed the maximum USDA income limits for your area
- You must have a minimum credit score of 620
Benefits of the USDA Loan Program
- Lower interest rates options than other programs
- Zero-down options available
- Lower financed fees
- Gift funds may be used for closing costs
- 30-year, fixed-rate option available
*Fairway is not affiliated with any government agencies. These materials are not from VA, HUD or FHA, and were not approved by VA, HUD or FHA, or any other government agency.